A new dynamics
The acquisition of Fombrauge by Bernard Magrez in March 1999 took this Saint-Emilion Grand Cru to new heights both in terms of product quality, by bringing it the rigour of his know-how, and in terms of communication, by re-opening its gates to the Bordeaux market.
He made all the necessary investments to improve the property. Starting in the spring of 1999, a reorganisation plan was implemented.
It focused primarily on:
- restructuring the vineyards,
- completely renovating the cellars,
- improving the quality of reception at the Château,
- refurbishing the charterhouse,
- reorganising the gardens.
In the short term, the work already undertaken will allow Chateau Fombrauge to achieve the highest level of quality.